• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

An Open Letter to Scenario Designers
03-04-2010, 07:52 AM,
RE: An Open Letter to Scenario Designers
(03-03-2010, 09:46 AM)mwest Wrote: Dear CS Scenario Designers:

I (as a CS player) greatly appreciate all the time and effort that goes into designing new scenarios. :)

I understand that you can't work on new scenario designs full time because of work, family, and other real life stuff. I know that many of you put in the time and effort because you want to see "good" and balanced CS scenarios for players. You believe, like me, that new additions and scenarios are the "life blood" that will keep CS players interested and the game platform moving forward for years. I thank you all for your efforts! :smoke:

But you, as a scenario designer, also have a responsibility to complete what you have begun. You must be willing to work with play testers and revise your scenario based on test report feedback. And be willing to continue to work through multiple revisions until a much better designed scenario emerges.

Play testers invest their gaming time and effort into assisting designers with their creations. I've helped play test designs... and am willing to continue to do so... provided the scenario designer is willing to do his part... which is play an active role in the scenario revision process by listening to play testers, communicating changes, and moving forward with new revisions of his scenario.

Frankly, if a scenario designer is NOT willing to do the above... then don't ask others to play test your design. It is not fair to have players invest their gaming time into testing designs if the designer has no intention to work with play testers and revise his scenarios. It also shows a lack of respect and common courtesy for other players?

Regards, - a willing and able play tester (provided!) :smoke:
This is the worst issue we have had at the H2H since i took over three years ago and the reason that i have tried to do regular "sweeps" of the designers to see if they are still active, but of course this takes up my spare time i would like to use improving the site in others ways, as all it takes is for a PM or Email to myself for a player to have his scenario removed i have to agree it indeed does show a lack of respect and common courtesy for other players. :(

Messages In This Thread
RE: An Open Letter to Scenario Designers - by Mr Grumpy - 03-04-2010, 07:52 AM