• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Limited Number of Shots
02-23-2010, 10:08 PM,
Limited Number of Shots
The game turn is 6 minute turns and that governs how much you can do, things like movement and many other things.
What I don't understand then is why generally one can fire only two or three shots from a weapon and in reality these could fire many more in this six minute period.
I suspect this is probably to stop the game becoming a click fest or something similar.
But I believe this limited firing allows some very unrealsitic situations to develope in the game. There are nothing wrong with them as far as the game goes but they seem so far removed from reality at times.
I'll just quote one here in a game I'm playing and I must stress there's absolutely nothing wrong with this as far as the game goes.

A 3 strength T34/85 platoon moves into a wooded area and saves one shot for op fire, it's therefoe used say 3 minutes its time. A some enemy armoured cars pull up in front of it it fires, destroys one and they retreat. An halftrack with passenger now knowing the T34s are there and has probably use its op fire. It then pulls up in front of the T34 unloads it's infantry passengers. They then open fire on the T34's and destroy two of them.

Now I believe T34/85's would be able to fire at least 6 times in 6 minutes and probably double that so the game seems very wrong here.
I doubt anything could be done to change this other than perhaps keeping the same number of shots taken manually and then increasing their op fire capability.

I'm not going to arguing for any change here though and merely wondered what others thought of this kind of situation.
I did also wish to point out that situations like this can happen in a game and there is a danger as a result sometimes we may get a wrong impression of what happened on the battlefields of WWII from the game.

Cheers Gordoncheers
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Limited Number of Shots - by Gordons HQ - 02-23-2010, 10:08 PM
RE: Limited Number of Shots - by Big Ivan - 02-23-2010, 11:03 PM
RE: Limited Number of Shots - by Scud - 02-24-2010, 10:35 AM
RE: Limited Number of Shots - by Skryabin - 02-24-2010, 12:58 PM
RE: Limited Number of Shots - by Mike Abberton - 02-25-2010, 12:52 AM
RE: Limited Number of Shots - by Gordons HQ - 02-26-2010, 10:23 PM