• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

So You Want Quality CS H2H Scenarios?
02-18-2010, 11:39 PM,
So You Want Quality CS H2H Scenarios?
Gents: :smoke:

Quality H2H scenarios can be produced ONLY if players agree to help play test game designs.

It is really that simple... and that difficult to accomplish. :chin:

It is a partnership. An agreement between the scenario designer and the CS player community.

As a scenario designer, I pledge to do the following:

* Research the historical battle
* Develop an accurate map
* Produce OOB's for both sides
* Play test scenario (both sides) against the AI
* Play test scenario (both sides) against a few regular opponents

But, here is what I need from players - especially folks who want to see new content and quality H2H scenarios...

* Need players willing to help play test new scenario designs

Do you want quality H2H scenarios... or not?

Designers certainly don't have to go through the H2H process. I can "slap" a new scenario together in a few hours and upload it into the scenario database... but is that what CS players really want? :eek1:

I think all players can point to standard CS scenarios that are "lacking" in some aspect... and I can almost guarantee those designs that fall short, did NOT go through quality play testing by multiple players.

And, yep, I bet we can all come up with excuses as to why we don't step up to help test new designs... but if CS players don't step up... where does the blame for lack of new content and scenarios fall upon?

A play tester recently confessed to me:

"One reason I do not play much RS is due to a lack of scenarios."

There are currently 15 new CS scenario designs sitting in H2H waiting for test game players. There is your new content!

Again, it is really very simple. You want new content and scenarios... then many more CS players need to step forward and make it happen.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
So You Want Quality CS H2H Scenarios? - by Kool Kat - 02-18-2010, 11:39 PM