• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Change of Personnel in the H2H Section
01-26-2010, 01:53 AM,
RE: Change of Personnel in the H2H Section
Ok, the lady was attended to, lol!

Picking out various comments, in response to my post, I'll precis my thoughts as follows.

'Evenly-balanced scenarios' - does that not require 'evenly-balanced' players to test them? Some so-called 'balanced' scenarios could be won/lost by unevenly-matched players playing them.

'dozens of scenarios that were crap' - a perception by some, others may not agree?

'Seal of approval' - if a designer wishes to get that, fair enough, use h2h.

Players have various abilities. What one scores as a decent scenario, another may not? Which playtesters' remarks are the criteria used to decide a balanced scenario?

As to the lack of testers, I think that will always be the case. Me as an example, - what time I have available, I use in designing a game, play it with someone, then evaluate it. I definitely have no time to playtest others' games. So, does my scenario that maybe a good one, mean no one will play it because it didn't get the 'seal of approval' ?

The Blitz h2h approved database is a fine mission but, I think the majority of members won't bother with it and thus, I fear the contributors will spend a lot of time banging their' heads against the wall and also, eventually will we see 'games reported' being only h2h approved ones that someone can report?
This is why I made mention earlier about the elitism that may occur, that may alienate many fine designers.

Perhaps a routine e-mail to designers that a 'clear-out' is going on and their' scenario is going to be removed, is all that is needed and, would save a lot of time for many contributors?

regards
Peter[/color][/size][/font]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Change of Personnel in the H2H Section - by Glint - 01-26-2010, 01:53 AM