• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Discussion thread for possible new bunker creation rule.
01-13-2010, 08:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-13-2010, 08:31 PM by Liquid_Sky.)
RE: Discussion thread for possible new bunker creation rule.
Hmm..just for fun, I thought I would read the rules on Digging-In. (pg 19-20)

Interesting things to note: You cannot dig in during Frozen conditions.

Battalions have a 3 times normal probability to dig in. Companies are normal value....(two companies combined would be times 2, more would be times 3)

An engineer in the same hex will double the probability....( I thought my engineers had to do the actual digging)

That would mean that with an engineer in the hex, a battalion of ruskies would have a 60% chance to dig in.

For laying minefields the rulebook says "The probability that the minefield will be created in the hex based on a single Engineer unit is half the Digging-In Parameter Data value."

Does a single Engineer unit mean a company? Or does it literally mean, the size of the engineer does not matter (as long as its more then 100 men)...it will always be 5% (for Stalingrad). Me thinks I should boot up a test scenario to see

Okay...I ran a quick test, and after 50 turns, I was able to lay 3 minefields, with 3 hexes of engineers, one with three, and two singles. The one with three battalions didnt lay a single mine, one of the singles managed to lay one, move and lay another....the other laid one. So I suspect that multiple engineers in the same hex doesnt increase the odds, and that having engineers build bunkers based on half the digging in value will result in a few strategically placed bunkers, and not a whole line of them...
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discussion thread for possible new bunker creation rule. - by Liquid_Sky - 01-13-2010, 08:14 PM