• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Discussion thread for possible new bunker creation rule.
01-13-2010, 05:04 PM,
RE: Discussion thread for possible new bunker creation rule.
tazaaron Wrote:Well the wheel is still turning but the hamster has fallen off.

Glad to hear it:)

So, here's the deal! We're not likely to be changing anything to do with which units can build IPs and Trenches. This point is not open for discussion. Nor will the series feature more or less forts. There are IPs, Trenches, Bunkers and Pillboxes.

What we are considering is allowing Engineers to build a Bunkers in PzC and MC. There sems to be interest and support for this concept on the forum and I believe there is a good chance we can get it done if we can come to a consensus.

The proposal on the table is to use the same PDT Value we have for Laying Mines and anyone who has tried to create a Minefield in the game know it is possible but not something that happens fast. Creating a Belt of minefields is damn near impossible and that works for me because the developers would not likely allow a line of Bunkers to be built either.

Currently the percentage used for Laying Mines (and were considering for Bunker) is HALF the Digging Parameter which is most PzC game (but not always) is 10%. But the Danube Front default game uses a value of 25% Digging in (I don't know if you modifed that in your Mod.)

What the math says is for Danube Front it would be 50% chance of a Bunker being built is 5 turns - thats 15 Hours using daylight turns. Or 90% chance in 17 turns which with nights of 6 hour turns is a couple of days. So to make this period longer you would have to reduce the digging In value in your PDT.

I know your not interested in PzC but for the interest of those players who are, for PzC where the Normal Digging In Value is 10% the math works out to 50% chance of building the Bunker in 13 turns, 90% in 44 Turns which I think is perfect.

And I think it is something I can get implemented (But I am not certain nor am I promising it on John Tillers behalf)

So the question is can you make this work for your Mod in Europe?

I ask because it seems to work for me and many others here. It will work fr MC in Middle East 67, and for Ed in Korea 85 ....and to be honest, it would be easier to do (READ MORE CHANCE OF IT HAPPENING) if we request this change as something across the board for both PzC and MC.

So is this in your opinion something that is good for the series or not?
And if NOT, can you make it work in your mod by lowering the Digging Value in the PDT?

Glenn
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discussion thread for possible new bunker creation rule. - by Glenn Saunders - 01-13-2010, 05:04 PM