• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Discussion thread for possible new bunker creation rule.
01-11-2010, 02:29 PM,
RE: Discussion thread for possible new bunker creation rule.
The problem with making this something that is enabled with a PDT Value is it means programming to be done that does nothing.

Understand we often do this sort of thing wen we're producing a new game where we need a new feature for this new battle being pproduced - then we invent a new PDT. But not this time. I have no historical precedence on the game I am working on now, or the one I expect we'll produce next. So this idea has to fly with existing games and not by enabling it in a PDT Value I figure.

So I think whatever we do has to work off the existing Digging Value.

And you are correct - if we enable things it will come into effect in all scns and all campiagns. It will have the effect of allowing the Russians to begin converting Trenches to Bunkers in Kursk and for the Germans to create strong defense lines in Normandy.

Now in Normandy maybe this wouldn't be a bad thing ... hell maybe it would work well = more historically. But what about Kursk? Or Minsk? Or Alamein?? Is this really valid???

Is this all Eng we are talking about here?
Is it only Bridge Eng or only Mine Eng?
Or is this only Eng with A, B or C Quality? Or only Bridge Eng? That would put a limit on the number of units which would actually build Bunkers?

We have to be very careful here guys - because we won't get a change if we ask for something that makes building Bunkers too common and too easy, because John will be able to see right away that the effect is not want we want in Kursk, in France 40 ect.

A Bunker here or there, created during the game is one thing - but a line of Hard forts built where none could be built before in previous games is not something that will get approval.

Glenn
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discussion thread for possible new bunker creation rule. - by Glenn Saunders - 01-11-2010, 02:29 PM