• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Korsun '44 Alt Scenarios V3 now available
12-29-2009, 04:45 AM,
RE: Korsun '44 Alt Scenarios V3 now available
Strela Wrote:Thank all for the comments :

Foul - Will see what I can do. I have been ruthless with save game file lately and may have to see if I can resurrect the last turn. Each turn for the AAR was taking me 2+ hours to post and other priorities got in the way. At the very least I can write up a summary of what was learned and what was changed with the scenario to further balance it and drive a historical outcome.

Cesar - I said it was a tease :) so I can neither confirm or deny. There has been some great efforts to do FSoR by the community previously. Whatever we do will go beyond any efforts that are normally done and will be more in the vein of VM's Operation Compass with multiple campaigns and scenarios. My wife has expressed her dismay when 6 large books arrived from Amazon on the new topic - after seeing the time we put into Korsun. Big Grin

Cavalry Corps - Just had a quick look at the para drop - had not adjusted (or tested extensively) this area. There are a couple of things to note :

1) The airdrops initially are on the forward edge of the German battle line with a scatter of 3-4. This will result in some falling on the Russian side of the lines.

2) The drops after Feb 12th are in advance of the German start lines. Historically the breakout had moved beyond Shenderovka to Khilki / Novo Buda area. Some of the drops fall in this area or further to the east. The challenge with the drops is to supply the German advance of both the pocket and the relieving forces - the mud makes it very difficult to supply the forward forces and the Germans historically did airdrops to keep the advance moving.

3) The scenario design tools force the designer to 'guess' where the front will be - that is the case here. One option I think could give players slightly more flexibility is to use strategy options for the paradropped supply so that they could land in say 3 different areas. One might be Korsun airfield, one might be where the German start line was and one might be somewhere in advance of the line. Scatter would be still present, but at least this gives the player some control? The challenge for the player is that paradropped supply does not move so landing too far in the rear will not supply the forward units.

Happy for anyone elses comments on this one.

Strela

sorry for the delay

I think that the airdrop units shoule be dropped near the historical front line but adjust their range that the only solution.
In the breakout scn I found the supply was far too far away and far too little , in the end I ran out of all supply.
I agree its a shame we cannot target a hex for arrival rather than having it fixed.

Cav
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Korsun '44 Alt Scenarios V3 now available - by cavalry corps - 12-29-2009, 04:45 AM