• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Taking advantage of scenario knowledge
09-11-2009, 02:07 PM,
Taking advantage of scenario knowledge
We had a situation and some comments a couple of years ago in regard to a contestants prior knowledge in a given scenario.

One of the players informed the other that they had some experience with the scenario. The contestant did not object to this prior knowledge and proceeded with the game.

Around move 6-8 the person with the prior knowledge had stationed some armor in close proximity to a reinforcement area of his opponent.

His opponent took offense to this and posted a message on the Blitz site?

The person having informed his opponent of his prior knowledge offered a "no contest" as a method of solving the matter. I do not recall the eventual outcome of the game and it is probably because the matter was settled between the two contestants.

Now, my question, is it unfair to attack a reinforcement area?

Furthermore, is it, given prior experience with a scenario, unfair to plot artillery in certain areas of the map or air forces?

I do not feel that there is only one way to win a scenario. If there is, then the scenario has some major faults. Every time I play a scenario (having played it before) I've noticed that my new oppoent doesn't alway follow the strategy of my previous opponent and I cannot repeat what may have been a successful strategy.

Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Taking advantage of scenario knowledge - by Montana Grizz - 09-11-2009, 02:07 PM