• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

[Discussion] How to improve urban combat in PzC/MC
08-23-2009, 07:47 AM,
RE: [Discussion] How to improve urban combat in PzC/MC
P.Ako Wrote:
Dog Soldier Wrote:-Boost the infantry/anti tank guns hard attack when attacking a tank unit situated in an urban hexagon
I think I see what you are saying. The assumption is that armor has no adequate infantry support to deal with AT defenders and that armor is taking routes through the hex that are along the streets where the defensive AT are sighted. There is already a rule in the game engine for armor in congested terrain without adequate infantry support reducing the armor effectiveness and making armor vulnerable to assault. The latter assumption is beyond the scope of the game. Suffice to say that the direct fire results min and max values account for armor moving into enemy bore sites or along undefended routes in the hex.

Is there a rule to represent that? I didn't know, how it's called?

There are several. Look under the section about assaults in the user manual. There is the terrain modifier of the defending hex which is applied to the attackers assault value reducing his assault by 30 - 50 percent if vehicles are included in the assault.

Then there is the combined arms penalty when armor assaults with insufficient infantry forces. Urban terrain is no place for armor without lots of friends. PzC/MC has this aspect right.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Discussion] How to improve urban combat in PzC/MC - by Dog Soldier - 08-23-2009, 07:47 AM