• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Main Event V: Owl vs. Der Kuenstler
08-11-2009, 06:10 AM,
RE: Main Event V - Keep out DK and Owl!
Turn 2 Is done

Comments from Players

Remarks Owl:

* Some minor traffic jam in the Pzrpioneer Plt in the city. In this unit a member of a Flamethrower inside a halftrack was killed although the halftrack was buttoned up!
* StuH didn't fire their smoke shells (strange because they had a time of about 12 seconds before the movement started)
* received a mortar barrage of small shells. Counted 50+ explosions so der K must have grouped his mortars. (think they are US 60mm and I expect that there are at least 9!!) How did der Kuenstler now the position of this 2 platoons??????
* Noticed the Us Halftracks back up to the mayor house, pick up more infantry??? Didn't spot his pioneer platoon, probably waiting in the large wooden houses.
* Observed an infantry platoon running from the south. My HMG opened up fire and I think the unit was split.
* Observed an unknown element from the south west in the scattered trees.
* On both last elements I planned area fire with the 81mm mortars to disrupt enemies advance.
* One halftrack send to south side of the village also to get eyes on this platoon.

Conclusion: My 1st turn did going according plan. I don't have to do major changes.

DK:

I see Owl has decided to bring men on the East paved road on tanks. This will complicate my plans as he will no doubt be sitting on those flags first. I'm also picking up sound contacts of more enemy tanks coming down from the north. This means I'm probably outnumbered 2-1 in AFVs. I'm not too worried at the moment as from my tanks' position I can take on half of them at a time, and with my engineer battalion almost every unit I have can kill a tank if close enough.

Screenshots and my analysis to follow tomorrow.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Main Event V: Owl vs. Der Kuenstler - by Joonny - 08-07-2009, 03:31 AM
RE: Main Event V - Keep out DK and Owl! - by Joonny - 08-11-2009, 06:10 AM
RE: Main Event V - by wigam - 09-11-2009, 09:50 AM
RE: Main Event V - by Joonny - 09-11-2009, 10:00 AM
RE: Main Event V - by Der Kuenstler - 09-11-2009, 01:00 PM
RE: Main Event V - by wigam - 09-11-2009, 03:20 PM
RE: Main Event V - by Pvt. Sofronije - 09-12-2009, 12:47 AM
RE: Main Event V - by Joonny - 09-13-2009, 09:13 PM
RE: Main Event V - by wigam - 09-13-2009, 09:20 PM
RE: Main Event V - by Huzaar - 09-14-2009, 04:25 AM