• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Patrol Feature in MC
07-13-2009, 05:35 AM,
RE: Patrol Feature in MC
I am thinking losing the ability to call in airstrikes is not a bad trade off for the following reasons:

- correct me, but I think effective FAC requires that the aircraft more or less loiter near enough to respond in real-time, especially with mobile targets like truck convoys or armored formations

- Central Europe, with the dense SAM networks and large opposing air forces, would be a very impermissive environment for aircraft to loiter. It is also unlikely there will be many functional airfields that close to the front lines since those would be early targets for enemy SSM and air attack

This doesn't deal with calling in long-range artillery, but I think the Special Ops units you are trying to portray could be imagined as those which are tasked with strategic interdiction

This brings me to another point. Why not create both types of units?

1. Partisan flagged Special Ops units to represent strategic interdiction efforts far behind enemy borders;

AND

2. Special Op units that would no deception abilities (to make up for the fact they were not subject to the Patrol function), but could portray operational/tactical interdiction as spotters and/or bridge destruction/demolition.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Patrol Feature in MC - by Aaron - 07-07-2009, 03:57 AM
RE: Patrol Feature in MC - by FLG - 07-07-2009, 04:40 AM
RE: Patrol Feature in MC - by Aaron - 07-13-2009, 04:47 AM
RE: Patrol Feature in MC - by Elxaime - 07-13-2009, 05:35 AM
RE: Patrol Feature in MC - by Aaron - 07-18-2009, 04:29 AM