• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

radio man in N44 alt scenario question
07-07-2009, 04:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-07-2009, 04:20 AM by SuperIke.)
RE: radio man in N44 alt scenario question
I am currently playing Bridgehead Battle from Volcano and I can concur with you Bacillus that getting off Omaha is VERY difficult.

But I did target the hex with the radio man with all the naval firepower I could and and I managed to first disrupt both units in this hex, so that when I finally assaulted at 8h00 on June 6, they retreated and I got off the beach into this hex. It's now noon and I haven't been successful anywhere else on Omaha, so I am now trying to funnel everybody out of Omaha through this tiny exit I've got (this is excruciatingly slow since units can move only one hex at a time in ZOC). However, I believe I am close to punch a hole on the hex SW of the 500 pts objective. This one is only a bunker in clear ground, so this is much easier than assaulting a full-fledged pillbox in difficult ground. After a while, you also get enough engineers so that at least one is not disrupted and you can destroy these damn AT ditches. The other thing at Omaha is that on the western portion of the beach there are quite a few escarpments where the armor cannot assault across, so you're limited to using foot infantry.

The other beaches are much easier and already at Gold and Juno I am 3 or 4 km inside land. The only other one giving me some problems is Sword.

On a side note, I wonder: is there any possibility that the Rangers really capture Pointe-du-Hoc ? It seems impossible odds. They get a Supply Source of 2 just so that they don't fall into isolated status but they are low on ammo nonetheless, so they are quite powerless. I'm trying to help them with a couple of naval barrages and air strikes, but I think they are doomed to fail.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: radio man in N44 alt scenario question - by SuperIke - 07-07-2009, 04:15 AM