• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Russians ONLY "Little Saturn" No Germas Pls
07-06-2009, 10:41 PM,
RE: Russians ONLY "Little Saturn" No Germas Pls
Ratzi, okay, thanks. I understand there are five Russian players now: Combat Wombat; Willow; Herroberst; Raz a'toth; and Rommel.

I would like to apportion two Commanders in the south and two in the north and by that I mean south and north of the city. What I would like to try and achieve is a double envelopment. So I will keep pressuring the center while the wing Commanders push deep and then in towards the city cutting off its supply and then taking high value objectives.

Ratzi, If you need to, you can assign one of the new guys to the center and I will just be overall strategic Commander if that works better for you. In that case please assign Raz to Center Task Force. Where did Rommel fight - South South - if so leave him there to go deep?

Let me know what the forces and reinforcement will look like when you get a chance. If we can shift forces within our existing task forces without any penalty then there is some shifting I want to do, i.e. send SMGs to the center and rifles to Willow and Combat Wombat and the 82mm mortars split between Willow and Combat Wombat. The 76mm FO's to Willow and Combat.

Welcome aboard Raz and Rommel.

So, strategic intent is: Affect Double Envelopment of Tatsinskya

Willow - go deep, get on that motorway and push deep
Combat - take that cross roads
Raz - if assigned north north go deep, if assigned center then keep pushing into the city - I did not take any appreciable casualties in my game so you are well disposed to continue into the city and keep German attention
Rommel - if assigned south south go deep

If you run into major trouble do not destroy your task force trying for an objective, try to keep it intact, and go around the trouble next turn - except for Combat, I want to control that crossroads.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Russians ONLY "Little Saturn" No Germas Pls - by herroberst - 07-06-2009, 10:41 PM