• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

AAR: Eagles Strike - Buchholz Station
06-23-2009, 09:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-24-2009, 06:02 AM by Rabbit.)
RE: AAR: Eagles Strike - Buchholt Station
Turn 6 Germans:

START OF TURN:
[Image: Turn6G1.jpg]

The German units in the northern and middle fronts provided some basic fire just to keep the US forces up there busy. The German units in the rear (far left) provided supporting fire against the US units along the ridge.

The Germans attempted an unsuccessful assault against the objective hex. The lone machine gunner was eliminated but the two bazooka troops held their ground. Seeing a machine gun squad plus a squad of about 10 men for the US in the hex immediately below the objective hex, I poured some heavy fire into that hex, but failed to pin those units. Unfortunately since those units are not pinned, the US will be able to move them into the objective hex during their next move, greatly increasing the difficulty for the Germans to take that hex. With that in mind, I moved the remaining German squads into the hexes just below the objective hex (joining the pinned German squads in those hexes). I also moved leaders into each of those two hexes so that they could rally German units in those hexes. The Germans will only get a few more chances to take the objective now that they are down to only two turns left.

FINISHED MOVE:
[Image: Turn6G2.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
AAR: Eagles Strike - Buchholz Station - by Rabbit - 06-23-2009, 08:52 AM
RE: AAR: Eagles Strike - Buchholt Station - by Rabbit - 06-23-2009, 09:08 AM