• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

AAR: Eagles Strike - Buchholz Station
06-23-2009, 09:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-23-2009, 10:10 AM by Rabbit.)
RE: AAR: Eagles Strike - Buchholt Station
Turn 3 US:

START OF TURN:
[Image: Turn3US1.jpg]

I continue to hold fire with many of the units in the middle to upper right sections, with the hopes of luring more Germans into open terrain before I ambush them. I am trying to obtain as much of the ridge in the lower left section as is viable. Overall, nearly all of my forces are within the large roadway circle. That is somewhat unconventional and risky, because normally you want to have your forces spread out thereby creating more opportunities for crossfire. For instance, you probably want a couple of squads on opposite sides of the road and machine guns at roadway cross-sections so they have lines of sight down the roadways (as my jeeps are currently positioned). Also, I have no units held back in reserve in case my lines get breached. The reason I am bucking convention on this is because the scenario is uncharacteristically short and I am betting the Germans won't have enough time to flank me. Also, the roadway at my back should allow me to redisperse my units quickly in the event that the Germans come at me heavily from any particular side.

I am sending the truck in the lower right-hand corner up the ridge in the bottom right in the off chance it might be able to observe German units that would otherwise be hidden from my view. People often forget about trucks once you have them dump their payload, however they can still sometimes serve other functions like scouting.

FINISHED MOVE:
[Image: Turn3US2.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
AAR: Eagles Strike - Buchholz Station - by Rabbit - 06-23-2009, 08:52 AM
RE: AAR: Eagles Strike - Buchholt Station - by Rabbit - 06-23-2009, 09:00 AM