• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NO GERMANS! - Soviet AAR/DAR section
06-09-2009, 04:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-11-2009, 06:54 AM by willow.)
NO GERMANS! - Soviet AAR/DAR section
Not to be out done by the German swine, I'm starting a little DAR section for the Russians. We'll see how it goes!

Below are some shots of my battle in the North against Cargol. We're only on turn 8, so not much to report beyond my initial set-up and plan in all its glory (or was that folly?):rolleyes:

Here are the 3 set-up zones. The one on the right is outlined in white, so is invisible against the snow.
[Image: Overview-new-1.jpg]

Here is the opening Order of Battle;

[Image: NorthMap-set-upa-1.jpg]

...and my plan;

[Image: NorthMaplookingWest-initialset-u-3.jpg]

Main objective is to capture the flags of course, but I have also been tasked with trying to get a small group positioned to head north to set-up a blocking position on the main East-West road (see the Google map) in case the Germans try to use it to infiltrate our rear. The SMG company and left rifle platoon will try to infitrate the town, and again try to draw out any heavy german ordinance. The tanks will hang back for the time being until I have a better idea of what he has. Our intelligence reports infantry only, but I'm not betting my limited armour assets on such claims. The mortars and Maxims are positioned to suppress any guns and MGs that are uncovered by my advancing infantry.

That is the plan!

P.S., line of sight is about 1 km, so my armour should be OK where they are...
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
NO GERMANS! - Soviet AAR/DAR section - by willow - 06-09-2009, 04:34 PM