• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer campaigns mindset assistance
03-31-2009, 05:02 AM,
RE: Panzer campaigns mindset assistance
I am currently playing the Kharkhov campaign scenario against the AI. I'm trying to develop some techniques for playing these big scenarios and found the posts here helpful.

In regards to using the AI features and tools to make gameplay in campaigns go smoother and faster (but not necessarily better):
I use AI Movement occassionally and if I want an all out "mad minute" (or mad hour) for that turn I'll occassionally use AI Fire AFTER I've made all the moves and fire (and assault) orders I feel are needed to accomplish my goals. The AI movement and AI fire are in the AI pop down menu. You don't have to use the end of the turn to execute AI commands if you don't want to.

I use the other "organizational movement" technique to move divisions from point-A to point-B (for lack of a better word - since I'm not at my gaming 'puter to check the proper term).
This is the move order where you click the hex a unit(s) resides (do not select a unit), hold down the Alt key and click on the hex you want them to move to. Very nice especially for road and rail movement; except you need to check the units (primarily at the tail end of the column) and see if they have more movement available. The AI sometimes stops short of a trailing unit's full movement allowance I assume because of hex stacking limits.

The main question I have about the AI: I've heard how the AI is not good at campaigns over the duration of the scenario. I've found the AI to be pretty good in the first quarter or third of the game.

How far into the scenario does the AI tend to become less effective? Is it half way or 3/4 way through the battle? (or is each Title's AI different? ... i.e., Kursk vs Bulge vs pick any battle)

I suppose I could keep running through the turns until I notice funny stuff from the AI.

Correct me if I'm wrong about the AI. I've never played a full campaign against the AI so I have no past experience to share. In fact I've never played a full campaign pbem either.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Panzer campaigns mindset assistance - by jward - 01-30-2009, 07:36 AM
RE: Panzer campaigns mindset assistance - by Al - 01-30-2009, 09:18 AM
RE: Panzer campaigns mindset assistance - by FLG - 01-31-2009, 04:37 AM
RE: Panzer campaigns mindset assistance - by Hank - 03-31-2009, 05:02 AM
RE: Panzer campaigns mindset assistance - by FLG - 03-31-2009, 09:10 AM
RE: Panzer campaigns mindset assistance - by Hank - 03-31-2009, 11:27 PM
RE: Panzer campaigns mindset assistance - by Al - 04-01-2009, 06:11 AM