• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Long War Scenario Playtesters requested...
03-25-2009, 10:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-25-2009, 10:59 PM by TheBigRedOne.)
RE: Long War Scenario Playtesters requested...
Mad_Dog Wrote:Thanks for your playthrough and comments. I assume that the flares were the mortar. The Taliban don't have anything else like that.

After hearing peoples comments, I think the addition of some off board artillery would help. I am also thinking removing the 5 point hex, and making it just about casualties.

Actually losing that 5 pointer would actually make it much harder for the Allies to win this scenario. It's already weighted towards the Taliban (my opinion). Keep it, or shift the victory conditions. Losing 5 points outright makes their job even more difficult....

I tried Illumination rounds with those mortars, you have no Illumination Limit set up. I have no idea what those effects are that appear with the Taliban AI, but I've seen it twice now. Have you seen it in your playtesting?

The off board arty will be very much danger close, and could inflict some serious fratricide. I'd opt for some sort of air strike or gun run at those distances. Big rounds would, most likely, effect your troops as well...

The only comment I have, and it's more for Andrew, is that with the new explosion graphics, you kinda lose the sense of how many hexes are impacted by various arty/mortar rounds. You only see the explosion on the directly impacted hex, but anything 82mm and above has larger impact zones. Any way of tweaking that?
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Playtest vs AI - by TheBigRedOne - 03-25-2009, 05:06 AM
RE: Long War Scenario Playtesters requested... - by TheBigRedOne - 03-25-2009, 10:57 PM