• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PBEM Generated Battle (Quick Battle)
02-23-2009, 01:17 AM,
RE: PBEM Generated Battle (Quick Battle)
KISS(Keep It Simple Stupid) method is the best way to go. I haven't seen the game in a few yrs, I couldn't remember if there was a place to choose how many objective hexes one wanted in the game. Me and somebody else tried back then to generate a pbem game, but could never figure out how to get both to be able to play. Sent files and everything. Then my puter crashed and then I relocated to another state right after, so I lost everything. I will have to say Meeting Engagements are the most interesting, IMO. I remember generating one Div and one corps sized scenario against the ai. Turned out pretty wild and confusing..........a tk bn arrived with three companies at three different areas across the bottom of the map totally separated by as long distance map wise, then arty started showing up and I was like, whoa, I had no combat units to protect them. It was pretty cool because I didn't know whaqt the other side had on the map or where they were and my arty sitting naked because the tank companies were far away, so I had to hope that with such a large map, I would be lucky enough to not be found out til I had some units to protect them.

I did get a Co of PGS to grab an intersection in a village and were alone for about 10 turns til I was able to get a Co of Panthers to arrive in support only to discover a couple turns later that mutt of an ai had all the surrounding countryside and the rest of those two bns I was sending there had to try and fight their way thru to the village. Then I lost everything when puter crashed. But it was one of the more fun times I had against the ai and can only imagine how much more it would be against a human. Some day, when I reacquire the CS, that's what I would like to get into and if it works, a large team game Meeting Engagement would be cool I think. Looking forward to it one of these days.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PBEM Generated Battle (Quick Battle) - by Outlaw Josey Wales - 02-23-2009, 01:17 AM