• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Will leaning back against the barn door
01-17-2009, 08:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-17-2009, 08:10 AM by Kuriltai.)
RE: Will leaning back against the barn door
Quote:Just gotta keep tweaking till we can find a good balance.

Sounds good to me.I think they are reasonable where they are.

I am one of the NATO players in the game although the situation is out of my area.

I think this is just crying over spilt milk.The problem is two divisions were pushed across the river on three bridges with no reserves or troops guarding the crossing sites.Sure the Hq unit should probably land.Small part of the big picture.

Quote:AAA unit 25% left/max fatigue/broken
SAM units one dead the other 1 vehicle left/max fatigue/broken
while the Cobra unit had 57% left with fatigue around 60...

Not exactly an optimum test as Pact Anti-Air units have a considerable range advantage.If they slugged it out at point blank range as the test suggests,I would think your result is reasonable depending on how many turns it took..NATO systems are bagging Helo's at a rate of about one per shot I am guessing.In the situation you are in the game,there are too many Helo's to target and not enough time to kill enough to make a difference.That is a situational problem,not a problem with the game itself.(Do you stack tanks when you attack?)

Quote:Or on the otherhand does WARPAC have to guard each and every bridge they cross to prevent gett'in encircled.

Probably not each and every bridge,but I think these three would have been good choices.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will leaning back against the barn door - by Kuriltai - 01-17-2009, 08:02 AM