• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 2
12-05-2008, 03:09 PM,
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 2
Soviet turn 11.

As shown in the command report, I continue to have supply issues, not serious but enough to slow my attack significantly. In addition to what shows here, there are still 8 units low fuel. However, my Katyusha units at the center bridgehead are supplied and ready to wear down the German infantry attacking in the area.

As noted, the Germans have deployed 2 Panzer units with AT support facing my western tank thrust. Further south, I have a tank adjacent to the disrupted German recon unit that I pushed back the prior turn, but it is disrupted and so I am unable to take advantage of that area.

[Image: SovTurn11St.jpg]

My plan for the turn is basically one of rest - I will have patience and wait for a better opportunity to push the action, letting my artiller wear down the Germans and prepare for future attacks. In addition, Brian has 2 AT units in the front line and I know that I will be able to destroy them eventually.

I shift my 3 T34s in the west due south to outflank the state farm and bypass the strong pak front they were facing. I come across an HQ and AT unit on the way, and manage to destroy the AT guns and push back the HQ. I also finish off the weakened recon unit with an assault by a motorized infantry unit in travel mode - I am unable to deploy the unit after the assault but am willing to take the risk of artillery fire in return for removing one of Brian's precious mobile units from the game.

In the east, the German units in the village due west of my cavalry are disrupted by my fire and so I expect to push the defenders back next turn.

All in the all, the turn played out with better results than I expected at the start, although the gain in ground was very limited. I know that Brian's Germans must be worn out and a few more hard blows will break his forces, I hope.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 2 - by Ricky B - 12-05-2008, 03:09 PM