German turn 9
20:00 PM December 12, 1942
Snow Conditions
Night Visibility 1km.

[Image: VPGT9.jpg]
Victory points after the German
turn nine.

[Image: GT9.jpg]
We have reached the halfway point. This is the first turn I actually increased victory points. It is only 12 VP over the last German turn, but that is better than a decline.

I am pressing my attack on the Sulatskiy bridgehead, even though it is night. With the Russian cavalry massing for a breakout, I am going to need to reduce the bridgehead in the next four to five turns. I am opting for direct fire attacks which are causing about 15 -20 Russian infantry casualties per shot. RickyB has withdrawn his flame T-34 unit to rest it for the final attack. It is his best unit inside the bridgehead. I will be repositioning the 11th PD artillery and the 88mm AT guns to prepare to take on that unit in the turns when I assault the VP hex or the west end of the bridge.
In the west I am planning to begin running my LW infantry toward the river line on the south edge.
I have to be careful to maintain contact with the west map edge as long as possible. I want the missing T-34 unit in my rear to be low fuel for the next day to reduce it’s effectiveness when RickyB decides to use it.

The red stars denote approximate places the missing T-34 unit could be hiding. RickyB will be patient to use this unit when it can help surround my defenders and burst my line. I think the most likely place is near the cavalry. This will be difficult to counter as I do not have enough units in the area to double my lines. Breaking down into companies may be my only choice. That will leave the companies facing the cavalry units prone to assault, even if not disrupted. The Soviet cavalry assault values are far better than their direct fire. I reinforced the village hex directly south of the cavalry bridgehead. I moved the weaker company out to protect the rear of the village defenders.

We both have a lot options left. Still I am haunted that Russians make the last move in the game.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 2 - by Dog Soldier - 11-28-2008, 04:34 AM