• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 2
11-28-2008, 03:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-28-2008, 03:34 AM by Ricky B.)
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 2
Soviet Turn 8.

Brian has trapped my light armored force that leaked through the center of his lines. However, one of the units involved is a disrupted infantry, and one of his valuable panzer units, so the forces are doing their job as an additional distraction to him. I decided to re-route my T34 in his rear to try and destroy the disrupted infantry unit trapping my units, thus opening up a retreat path and gaining some valuable points. I move into the area of the units, but not up to them, to maintain the element of surprise, and knowing that his 88mm unit is still in the general area.

I know that the cavalry should be able to break out on their own, and there main job is to maintain pressure and tie up units anyway, there are no valuable objectives in the area so it is a sideshow, really.

In the west, Brian has 2 panzer units tied down in the front lines, so I will concentrate as much as possible on them, using all my T 34s to wear them down, along with an infantry assault. This works pretty well and leaves my units well placed for the following turn to keep the pressure on his panzers. I also find another of his panzer units deployed in the front lines with 2 disrupted infantry, so I know that his tanks are all tied down to defensive tasks, limiting their options.

Finally, in the center bridgehead, the pressure has reached the breaking point, and could result is serious problems soon. However, all my HQs were in command this turn which in turn helped many units rally from disrupted status. But as shown in the picture, most of my infantry is near ineffectiveness, with an average strenth of 25% of full strength in the bridgehead. But I hope that the judicious use of my tanks there, including rest for the most worn out of them, will result in enough staying power to survive - Brian can't keep too much pressure on there if he is having to send units to handle threats elsewhere.

[Image: SovT8End.jpg]

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 2 - by Ricky B - 11-28-2008, 03:33 AM