• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Realistic Artillery Management - FOO Rule
11-24-2008, 07:53 AM,
RE: Realistic Artillery Management - FOO Rule
Weasel Wrote:I never said the FOO rule was to make arty more realistic per say, I have always said that it is to limit players from buying a SINGLE FOO for the decreased time delay and then having him plot 50 shoots at once, each consisting of a single tube.

Your rule brings it closer to reality than doing nothing, even if it wasn't your intent.

Overall, there has to be some sort of happy in between on this. Yes, making the "rule" may make some other realistic aspect "illegal", we aren't going to make it "perfect" short of modifying the code artillery model. With WinSPWW2/WinSPMBT, I think Andy would like to take a cut at it, but I don't expect that to happen. It's a matter of making the "bigger" unrealistic aspect "illegal" and accepting the side effects of making smaller "reals" just as "illegal".

I can see Narwan's points, but what can be done? Which is worse (gamey), one observer calling in 50 fire missions or a CO being unable to use his organic assets as he see's fit? Is there a way to make both work and allow verification? Remains to be seen.

Our hammer is missing and we need to drive a nail, so we are grabbing a wrench and use that. Not the best option, but it works.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Realistic Artillery Management - FOO Rule - by RERomine - 11-24-2008, 07:53 AM