• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Realistic Artillery Management - FOO Rule
11-22-2008, 10:33 AM,
RE: Realistic Artillery Management - FOO Rule
I see at least three issues which seem to have come up as a result of this discussion.

1. Sheafs

Half of the people who have posted on this thread, appear to agree that a FOO rule should allow for sheafs.

Dispersals
This came up as a secondary issue to sheafs.

Some seem to be suggesting sheafs are accomplished by dispersals. I disagree, because dispersals are accidental misses, sheafs are deliberately targeting a wider area.

If I wanted to accomplish dispersal I should:

A. Keep a FOO out of LOS
B. Keep a FOO suppressed
C. Use a FOO with less artillery skill/experience

None of which makes sense.

2. Adjusting plots

The shifting of plots and strikes seems to be the main area of confusion with the current FOO rule, but not necessarily the main objection.
Maybe I will understand it after drinking six Canadian beers.

Creeping Barrages
This came up as a secondary issue to adjusting plots.

Some, perhaps most, believe a FOO rule should allow creeping barrages. It was certainly standard artillery practice. Hmmm…or does the current FOO rule allow Creeping Barrages…must drink more beer…Toast

3. Policing or monitoring a FOO rule

Most think this should be as easy as counting fingers. Some think only the middle finger needs to be counted.

IMHO this should be as simple as making sure your opponent is dropping arty in same number of clusters/sheafs as he has FOOs.

This may be another reason to get rid of any special plot adjustment rules, which are hard if not impossible to police.

---
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Realistic Artillery Management - FOO Rule - by Cross - 11-22-2008, 10:33 AM