• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Censorship - Another thread to be deleted?
11-05-2008, 06:50 PM,
Censorship - Another thread to be deleted?
Well well, yet another thread deleted, locked etc. I had some valid points to make in the "ch-ch-ch-changes" thread and it's now gone and I want to know why. That discussion was valid and interesting, just because Ed and Randy don't like eachother and had a few things to say to each other in public (probably trying to impress their "supporters" with their "look at the size of my bollocks" argument, but hey-ho). who cares, they get it out of their systems until they either give up or one of them gets banned, isn't that how it's supposed to work?

I've noticed over a long period of time the attempt by "whoever" to sanitise these message boards (not just CS), delete posts, delete threads (even edit other peoples posts from what I hear - is that true?) etc. etc.... well, I think it's pretty bad form personally. Aren't we all generally middle-aged men, experienced in life, experienced in discussion? Of course not everyone is going to get on, of course people are going to have differing opinions, of course sometimes someone is going to take offense to something someone else says, that's how we live, that's how we learn and that's how we decide who we want to associate ourselves with, even who we might like or not like to play.

Stop treating us all like kids, this is either a discussion board or it isn't, I strongly object to having my posts removed - let alone anyone elses, who do you think you are? and don't give me that old "we pay the bills we'll do what we like" rubbish, I've helped pay some of the bills, I've helped when your server wasn't working, hell I even helped Jim spec. out the linux server you're on, but even if I hadn't, I've still been a member of this club since the DAY IT STARTED, how many others still here can say that? and even the guy whose only been here a year has the right to be heard and see what others here are like. This has got to stop, let's have our discussions, lets have our arguments and take it like men, if someone is really out of order, then ban them, don't punish us all, and don't remove threads, lets all see why the person was banned and what they said or threatened to do.

Now discuss THAT. And it's not often I get pissed off enough to do this but if I'm going to stay in this club, and if it's not going to die a death for people not being able to have an adult discussion, then someone has to say it... these message boards are nearly dead, ever wonder why?

I can see how racist posts, or personal threats posts can get locked or deleted, but a discussion thread? what is going on!

If this gets deleted, I will continue to re-post it until I get banned. I will be heard! and I will have my say.

:P

Messages In This Thread
Censorship - Another thread to be deleted? - by Stryker - 11-05-2008, 06:50 PM
RE: Censorship - Another thread to be deleted? - by Copper - 11-06-2008, 03:08 AM