• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Adjusted S42 Alt Campaign - v1 - von Nev
10-30-2008, 06:17 PM,
RE: Adjusted S42 Alt Campaign - v1 - von Nev
von Nev Wrote:Additionally, to improve the pace that the Russians can break through the Romanian defenses on both the southern and northern attacks I have changed most of the Romanian defenses to trenches instead of bunkers. Bunkers remain although in forests and in villages but the bulk of the Romanian defensive lines is trenches in the open. I did this because play testing about 10 turns of the northern attack last night I found that the pace of the Russian breakthrough was too slow. This gave the German commander time to rush the 22nd PzD and the Romanian 1st Armored Division north with enough time to actually contain the breakthrough.

This is a good idea i feel, when i played the Russians in a multiplayer game we had to add extra Russian armour to this part of the line to ensure a quicker breakthrough and just a while ago i played the Rumanians in the small 16 turn scenario that covers this part of the line and my Russian opponent struggled to breakthrough again with just the historical Russian forces, so i think the loss of the bunkers is justified in game terms. ;)
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adjusted S42 Alt Campaign - v1 - von Nev - by Mr Grumpy - 10-30-2008, 06:17 PM