• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SS Totenkopf - "Fire Brigade" (M44 Campaign)
10-26-2008, 12:11 PM,
RE: SS Totenkopf - "Fire Brigade" (M44 Campaign)
Turn 24 - The Retreat Continues & a Russian Attack is Defeated

The retreat west by the 110th Inf Division continues. Unfortunately, each turn a company of infantry is picked off and surrounded and destroyed. These losses are unavoidable. The only good news is that the Russian tanks are advancing down the expected corridor between the forest and the swamps. Unfortunately I can't do much about them but at least I know where they are. I have deeply echeloned the defense in this corridor to prevent a breakthrough and I have brought the panzers behind the immediate front lines. I have to do this since whenever they are in the front lines even the Tigers are pounded mercilessly by air strikes and artillery.

[Image: M44SSTurn24.jpg]

Down south in the main area of Totenkopf the Russian infantry that were attacking Suslovka retreated. The last two turns they took probably 400 casualties and with the arrival last turn of my Panthers that was enough to spook them a bit and they withdrew. I don't expect them to stay away forever, but at least now my PzGren battalion that was defending the village can retreat. They are replaced by a Panther company. This village will stay German for at least another turn. Every turn helps as it gives the foot mobile infantry a chance to retreat that much further.

Further south FFH and the 12th Inf Division are also retreating in the face of growing tank and infantry attacks. You can see the pincers closing around Totenkopf as this division stands like a rock in the center of the lines.

[Image: M44SSTurn24a.jpg]

To the west far behind the lines the road to Mogilev is packed with retreating infantry and artillery making for the safety of the town and the Dnepr river. Hopefully they will have time to rest and recover and build a solid defense.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: SS Totenkopf - "Fire Brigade" (M44 Campaign) - by von Nev - 10-26-2008, 12:11 PM