• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 2
10-21-2008, 12:20 PM,
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 2
Soviet turn 5.

Brian reacted quickly and well to my breakthrough in the west, reforming his line and isolating my T34. As shown below, he has a flak unit well placed to keep the isolated tanks from moving back toward the line and reopening the hole, and I figure more men from the 11th Panzer Div are on the way. My central bridgehead is now faced with elements of the 336th Infantry Div and PzGr infantry from the 11th Pz, there are no tanks in sight there.

[Image: SovTurn5Start.jpg]

I think that a move east by my tank unit will run into Brian's tanks, although the appeal of a move toward the cavalry bridgehead in the far east is very strong, knowing that it would free up a strong mobile group of men if successful. Instead I decide to move the T34 unit south toward the exit.

The western attack will continue, although I am pulling back one T34 unit to its HQ as it is still low fuel after 5 turns. My attack destroys the valuable LW artillery unit shown highlighted in the image, and takes the 25 point objective that Brian wisely gave up.

In the center I am falling back to my defensive line with no letup in pressure from Brians attack. The cavalry in the east are finally in position to push hard to break out of their small bridgehead, but it will probably continue to be a static fight for a few more turns.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 2 - by Ricky B - 10-21-2008, 12:20 PM