• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

251/16 HT Obosilete under new assualt rules
09-29-2008, 05:52 PM,
RE: 251/16 HT Obosilete under new assualt rules
Von Luck Wrote:Is this unit no good anymore with a value of 5 why risk it when its not worth the cost.IE talking about ver 1.03 where i assualt with 12 Panthers and 3 A/Cs against a disrupted MG units twice no effect.Had to kill the unit before i could move through the hex.Thoughts on this and way to get round it.

You are correct. The same goes for other flamethrowing units. There are plans to create new additional units where flamethrower units have a very high attack value at one hex range instead (or in addition to) of a high assault factor.
The Churchill Crocodile in real life for example was not typically used in assaults. It would rather park just out of range of hand held AT weapons and use its powerful flamethrower.
Now some may say that this is still a range less than 250 meters... True but also true for the bazooka and panzerfaust.

As for your question, how to use them. I will use them even less than I already did probably. Only when i'm confident that my assault has a good chance which is a little easier to predict in 1.04 than in 1.03.

Huib
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 251/16 HT Obosilete under new assualt rules - by Huib Versloot - 09-29-2008, 05:52 PM