• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 2
08-26-2008, 08:35 AM,
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 2
As this is my edited version of this scenario and Rick has done such an excellent job of summing up the results of our testing, i thought i would just add some background to how this scenario differs from the stock version.

To give the German player the option of defending the bridgehead north of the Chir, i blew all the remaining bridges on the Chir river and increased the minefield density to a strength of 2 and the supply source was increased from 20 to 60.

I lowered the fatigue of the German LW units and placed some of them in TRENCH hex's.

I increased the fatigue of the Russian 5th Mech Corps, started them in a "low fuel" state and fixed them for one turn.

I reduced the scenario by two turns and advised that Programmed Weather should not be used as a storm all but ended the scenario.

VP hex values were also altered, the German VP hex in the Chir bridgehead was reduced from 100 to 75vp, the main German 250vp hex was moved further to the rear to make its capture more difficult for the Russian player.

The Vp level needed for a German victory was reduced by 25 for a minor victory & 100 for a major victory.

All these changes were designed to help the German player have a chance of victory in this scenario, i always felt that if the German player realised that the Russian 3rd Guards Cav Corp must not be allowed to expand its bridgehead in the SE, he would be in with a chance in this game.

As with all scenarios the ability of the opposing players can alter the balance somewhat.

Again i would like to thank Rick for his invaluable input into many of the changes listed above.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 2 - by Mr Grumpy - 08-26-2008, 08:35 AM