• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SS Totenkopf - "Fire Brigade" (M44 Campaign)
08-23-2008, 10:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-24-2008, 12:45 PM by von Nev.)
RE: SS Totenkopf - "Fire Brigade" (M44 Campaign)
Fast forward to turn 12.

After getting into place during the evening hours, Totenkopf stands ready to bloody the Russian forces once the cross the river. However, in Totenkopf's AO the Russians are still waiting to build a bridge. Over the last few turns I exclusively pounded with artillery every Russian bridging unit I could see. For a couple of turns every Russian bridging unit was disrupted hence no bridge. But now it is just a matter of time before they cross. I could not keep units close to the river to spot for my artillery as I was generally on the short end of the massive artillery dual.

Further south however it is another story. The Russians in the 12th Infantry Division AO have crossed in great strength and they are battering the dug-in lansers. Even Totenkopf units are not immune to the massive pounding as an SS engineer company that was sent to help build defenses is quickly reduced to 35% after futily trying to dig-in. Luckily for the 12th Infantry is that the 60th PzG Division (FHH) was released a couple of turns ago and is rushing to reinforce them. This generally A morale and very powerful unit should be able to hold the line provided they get to the lines in time. They will guard the right flank of Totenkopf. Once FHH is in position there I will pull out the 12th Infantry and send to the rear for rest and recovery.

[Image: M44SSTurn12.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: SS Totenkopf - "Fire Brigade" (M44 Campaign) - by von Nev - 08-23-2008, 10:24 AM