• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Inaugural Challenge FoF AAR
08-15-2008, 09:26 AM,
RE: Inaugural Challenge FoF AAR
HiHi

Turn 2 continued

At the beginning of each new turn there is an Events page that shows what has happened in the last turn, have had to split it into 3, sieges are always the 1st thing that happens in a turn.

[Image: EventsArmyreport.jpg]

[Image: EventsEconomicreport.jpg]

[Image: EventsPoliticalreport.jpg]

And here is the ‘City Detail’ page for the beginning of turn 2

[Image: Cityliststurn2.jpg][/b]

Out of the 6 attempts at Mustering I received 4 new Bgds, Wilmington & Petersburg failed, these Musters as well as flaging up with their State flags, I also give province names to for eg ‘** Bgd Bayou’, a personal quirk maybe but it shows where Bgds originated from and again helps personalize my armies.

Not sure what went down with my impressments but nothing showed on the Events report and they are still showing the same figures so I will try impressing them again this turn.

Both Runners brought home their targeted goods without damage and have been sent out after new cargoes.

This turns money was spent on medical attributes for ANV and increasing Forts defences, I also built 1 RR station in Austin and a Division & Corps containers in Richmond. I will from now on be trying to invest fairly heavily in RRs as I am a firm believer in taking advantage of the Confederacy Interior lines of Communication for defence purposes, and the ability to move large bodies quickly is dependent on RRs, hopefully I will eventually get the ‘Centralised RR’ upgrade which will double all RR movement.

Movement

Out West McCulloch moves to White River to collect the 2 Arkansas Bgds them moves back to Ozarks (it is now strong enough to face Lyons on its own should he push south) Prices MSG would normally be moving West with an eye to linking with Arkansas div and taking Kansas for the Confederacy before slipping over the Lower Mississippi and into the Union far West.

However with Kentucky going Fed I may have to shelve that plan, so instead I compromised and shifted MSG closer to Polk by moving to Crowley ridge, it can quickly turn back later on if I deem it safe to do so; again with the Kentucky development I shift Texas & Louisiana Divs towards Memphis, in Twiggs case I am a bit reassured re New Orleans as on the Replay I noticed the Blockade fleet off Pensacola had moved back towards the Atlantic, it may be going to load troops and return or blockade elsewhere, will have to keep an eye on Fed naval movements.

While Island No 10 has had its defences strengthened it is still without heavy guns, so Polks Army stays put, no doubt sampling the flesh pots of downtown Memphis while it waits. The reinforcements from Cumberland Gap I continue to add to Polks Army rather than move back.

(Apparently Alasdairs Intelligence reports the Troop concentration around Memphis now shows at c200,000 I quickly tried reassuring him that that was merely the Ladies gearing up for battle :whis:)

Garrison troops from the Heartlands continue to move NE & NW, and some have already joined up with ANV.

In Virginia I add 7th Virginia div to 1st Corps and detach that from ANV moving it to Shenandoah to protect the Railway, it is also in a position to move south to protect Knoxville or hopefully to do some mischief further north, while at the same time keeping in touch with ANV, only time will tell.

Lorings Franklin div newly reinforced from Knoxville will join 1st Corps in Shenandoah; this is in some ways a faint, as are most of my moves for the first few turns to see how Feds respond without them ever really knowing where or even if I intend to strike.

From experience I have found that with movement of units being somewhat unpredictable, at least in the early months, it is often better to move containers to where troops are, load up then move back or elsewhere depending on aims. With that in mind I move both ANV & Magruders Peninsula div to Petersburg where Peninsular div finally joins ANV, as does Hugers Norfolk div and the Southern Garrison troops that have been doing the Tourist bit in Lynchburg & Petersburg. Also joining ANV are Garrison troops from the Richmond and the James River area + Bobbie Lee who is now available, ANV then moves back to Fredericksburg to guard our Northern Frontier.

There were no battles at the end of turn 2, I know this as if battles take place the screen goes black and there are vague Boom, Boom noises in the background, so now I wait to see what Alasdair is doing in turn 3, ie with the Kentucky situation I have to await developments rather than dictate them, hopefully that won’t last long.

I am hoping that next turn I will be able to give some details re my overall strategy etc, but for the moment that’s enough.

All the Best
Peter
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Inaugural Challenge FoF AAR - by Kingmaker - 08-13-2008, 10:15 PM
RE: Inaugural Challenge FoF AAR - by Kingmaker - 08-14-2008, 09:40 AM
RE: Inaugural Challenge FoF AAR - by Kingmaker - 08-14-2008, 09:03 PM
RE: Inaugural Challenge FoF AAR - by Kingmaker - 08-15-2008, 09:21 AM
RE: Inaugural Challenge FoF AAR - by Kingmaker - 08-15-2008, 09:26 AM
RE: Inaugural Challenge FoF AAR - by Kingmaker - 08-15-2008, 05:30 PM
RE: Inaugural Challenge FoF AAR - by Steel God - 08-16-2008, 01:43 AM
RE: Inaugural Challenge FoF AAR - by Kingmaker - 08-16-2008, 02:01 AM