• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SS Totenkopf - "Fire Brigade" (M44 Campaign)
08-05-2008, 03:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-05-2008, 03:46 PM by von Nev.)
RE: SS Totenkopf - "Fire Brigade" (M44 Campaign)
Turn 6.

Totenkopf speeds to the front. The situation at the river is getting serious as even A morale infantry companies are breaking at an alarming rate just from the artillery barrages.

As you can see from the screenshot the infantry companies from the A morale 12th Infantry are reduced to single digit %'s of their former strength. I am trying to save them by putting them in travel mode and getting them to the rear as soon as possible. I will try to have them refit on the west side of the Dnepr.

Unfortunately the order of the day is to still hold the river as best I can from where units are dug-in to prevent units getting caught in the open once the Russians cross. Additionally, although German infantry at the river is now able to manuever, most of the German artillery is still fixed. German artillery needs to be saved almost at all cost because they can inflict damage from long range generally without return fire. The same cannot be said for German infantry that generally cannot initiate fire because of the massive response they receive from stacks of Russian tanks and infantry and from Russian artillery.

[Image: M44SSTurn6.jpg]

Luckily the Russians still have not been able to build a bridge. In part this is because all of the divisional and corps artillery within range is solely pounding the Russian bridging units hoping to keep them from building a bridge. To date they have been successful and for a while all Russian bridging units were disrupted. Additionally, the few Russian engineer units that cross on their own are counterattacked in places and yield prisoners.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: SS Totenkopf - "Fire Brigade" (M44 Campaign) - by von Nev - 08-05-2008, 03:44 PM