• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poland is top exporter of Nazi memorabilia
08-03-2008, 02:09 PM,
RE: Poland is top exporter of Nazi memorabilia
Steel God Wrote:I could not agree with you more Eric. Nothing annoys me more than the effects of relativism that have over taken almost everything in society. What ever happened to Natural Law, and Absolute Truths?

Relativism comes with liberty. Natural Law and Absolute Truth are both alive and well in most people, even here in the decadent West. Moreso in places in the world where you and I probably wouldn't choose to live.

Not trying to be a smartass, because I really don't have a prescription. Just like to point out that "education" is not the be all that many of my liberal friends make it out to be, and that spilled over into this conversation.

Justin,

In the US "education" in the public sense does mean just the facts. Opinions are too varied here to allow explicit "values" teaching in state schools. Though many argue that some try to sneak their values into lessons or otherwise teach an explicit set of values. It's a big argument here.

There are private religious schools in the US, as well as the option to teach children in the home. In both of those cases values are taught on purpose. But only about 1 in 10 students do this - 90% attend state schools. Where the "values" taught are... Big Grin shall we say debatable at best.
"History is replete with historically stupid campaigns that make great games." Marquo
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Poland is top exporter of Nazi memorabilia - by Copper - 08-03-2008, 02:20 AM
RE: Poland is top exporter of Nazi memorabilia - by Sgt Barker - 08-03-2008, 02:09 PM