• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Rising Sun under ver. 1.03 - Not good
07-29-2008, 10:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2008, 11:14 PM by Kool Kat.)
Rising Sun under ver. 1.03 - Not good
Gents:

I am sorry to report that the ver. 1.03 game patch has fundamentally changed the game flow and has dramatically altered Japanese play in Rising Sun. And NOT for the better. (Aside - I have read the majority of ver. 1.03 postings and what I report will just add more evidence to past threads).

Case in point. I just completed a PBeM RS scenario - Bougainville. I was the Japanese player. My opponent and I had enjoyed a closely matched game - lead changed several times and only a few points separated us. Then; at a pivotal time in the game, I begain my counterattacks. Several Banzai attacks were repulsed - no losses to the Marines. In one memoral Banzai, a full strength Japanese infantry unit assaulted a dispersed single Allied infantry (in CLEAR terrain) - no Allied losses or retreat. In another Banzai attack, a single Japanese infantry unit with leader, caused SIX Allied units (rifle, SMG mixed stack) to retreat 3 times!! Finally, in a non-Banzai episode, my opponent was able to ONE SHOT a full strength Japanese infantry unit using a SINGLE 81mm mortar unit!

As my opponent mentioned in his email to me... and I will echo the same sentiment: "I don't mind losing to a good opponent, but I get very frustrated losing to a game engine."

I had also played this same opponent in a ver. 1.02 RS game and the Japanese forces behaved and played much differently under the earlier version.

IMHO, ver. 1.03 severely nerfs the most effective tactic the Japanese can employ - Banzai and assaults. It makes Bougainville not winnable (as the Japanese) and I have to assume that this also negatively effects the other RS scenarios.

I plan to suspend my other games, and not start any new ones, until ver. 1.03 gets a major rework.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Rising Sun under ver. 1.03 - Not good - by Kool Kat - 07-29-2008, 10:56 PM