• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
07-23-2008, 02:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-05-2008, 02:50 PM by von Nev.)
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
German Turn 24.

The northern assault to isolate the 300 VP hex proceeds. You will see from Dog Soldier's post that the units in hexes 1 and 2 at the start of my turn 24 were all disrupted. I quickly assaulted 1 and moved units around the back towards 2 where I found that stack also all disrupted. I assaulted with an engineer unit and luckily the Russian unit retreated northeast instead of south which would have keep the 300 VP hex from being isolated.

Now that the 300 VP hex was isolated I concentrated all direct fire, arty and air attacks on the 3 units in the hex that were not disrupted. I held in reserve a full battalion (3 companies) of German motorized infantry for the final assault. Once I disrupted all three units I debated for a while with myself to assault with two companies and try another assault with the last company. I elected to use the whole battalion to make sure the assault was successful since in a previous assault with a single company was repulsed in a previous turn. You can see from the picture the result of the assault. The 700 prisoners and a gun I believe is nearly the maximum one can take in a single assault as it suggests that there are over 1416 in points in that hex. The max stacking is 1500. I was honestly surprised at the amount of prisoners but the amount does suggest that the Russians still have a lot of units out there that are close to full strength. Additionally, with the considerable strength in the hex it also showed that Dog Soldier was definitely trying to hold the hex. Maybe my strategy to hold him close succeeded!

Down south I eliminated a Russian unit that had its flanks unguarded.

[Image: S41TourneyTurn24a1-1.jpg]

Up north I assaulted and captured more of the Russians that are in the bridgehead.

Positions at the end of the turn.

[Image: S41TourneyTurn24b1.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1 - by von Nev - 07-23-2008, 02:49 PM