• Downloads

Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
07-03-2008, 01:45 PM,
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
Russian turn 16.
16:00 PM July 10, 1941
Normal
[Image: RT16VP.jpg]
Victory points after the Russian turn sixteen.

[Image: DotDsouthRT16.jpg]

Things could be a lot worse. I hit an engineer in transport mode pretty hard with most of my artillery shots this turn. I only had three artillery units able to fire. 13th Army HQ went out of command, cascading to all but four of my HQ’s. With the command structure shot this turn I will have to avoid combat and hope to survive the next turn. Axis losses this turn were 265 to my 471 in infantry. Axis direct fire is very strong. My retreating guns were clobbered by artillery and the Axis air attacks. Scratch 28 guns. Russian players have to get used to such things in S41.

As darkness will come with dusk next turn, I can welcome the end of the second day of fighting. I still have some units that have not been engaged and others that will make it to good resting places for the night. Along the main highway running SW of Mogilev, I have a crisis as my units in the rubbled village were both disrupted by withering German direct fire. They failed to rally, thus being only able to move one hex out into the open. I wish they had maintained good order despite losses, so they would have linked up with the troops in the hillside village. This would make a strong pivot point for my forces south of the highway.

Those Russians south of the highway are running as fast as they can and staying under cover where possible. The door is not swinging as fast as I would want. Those troops will have to move during the night or they could be cut off.

The Germans made little progress in their attack to the west along the Dnepr bend. I am sending further reinforcements there to block this advance. So far the Germans have remained concentrated on their left flank. During the night I will take up my final artillery positions to hammer the hexes just west of Dnepr bend to slow the Axis there. My southern flank will refuse combat as much as possible and continue to swing away from the Axis forces to deny the enemy as many shots as possible. The Axis gained 51 victory points this turn. Victory points are still in my favor.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1 - by Dog Soldier - 07-03-2008, 01:45 PM