• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Something about 1.03 I'm worried about
06-30-2008, 12:26 AM,
RE: Something about 1.03 I'm worried about
Huib Wrote:IMO there are 2 ways to get it right. Both of them should be implemented.
1. to make it an optional rule
2. To make the visibilty per turn, a parameter in the scenario editor, so the designer can set the visibility per turn (a thing that is now already possible by manually editing the bte file).

If the above are not possible to program, accept the limitations of the software and keep things as they were.

It is critical that the environment in which the scenarios take place is based on historical facts. The weather (thus visibilty) at certain dates and places were FACTS that one can look up and integrate in the scenario. Like the look of the landscape was a FACT; ie the reason that the designer needs the correct era maps to make the scenario map. The only unhistorical thing is the player himself when he starts to move his units... but thats the game ofcourse. So to answer Dogovich question if a scn is unhistorical when visibilty changes randomly is YES. Once it changes outside the historical weather reports, it is unhistorical. I do not claim to have read or used weather reports for all my scenarios, but for those with 1 hex visibility it is documented well, exceeding this 1 hex is unhistorical.

Huib

This pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter. It doesn't sound like it would be that difficult to key either (though I admit I'm no programmer).

Imagine a CS where designers could program into the scenario editor when it gets dark, light, and / or cloudy. Awesome, imo.

I hope Jason doesn't have a headache or anything after all this. :chin:
Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Sun Tzu
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something about 1.03 I'm worried about - by John Given - 06-30-2008, 12:26 AM