• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Something about 1.03 I'm worried about
06-29-2008, 05:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-29-2008, 05:16 PM by Osiris.)
RE: Something about 1.03 I'm worried about
HI All

First let me make one thing clear:
Im all for variable visibility changing from night to day to night is a fantastic idea.

I think at some point the Beta briagde and matrix are going to have to sit down and figure out the time/scale in this game because it really is the heart of the issue. You cannot build variable visibility unless you have a defenite scale to work with..and its not going to be 6 minutes unless someone out there wants to build 240 turn scenarios!

The distance infantry can move in the current CS version in 1 turn makes the 6 minute time scale dead on arrival anyway..if you dont believe me..get a back pack..fill it with rocks say about 50-100pds and have your friends throw rocks at your head with intent to injure and see if you can cover 750m in 6 minutes

Where do we start..well the time/scale issue must be sorted out..why not go with game designers Von earlmans 24 minutes for a day turn and 45 minutes for a night turn (see his post on June 15/08 under the time scale thread)..and build the variable visibility option around that scale..its a place to start..

I still think it might be better to take it completely out with the revised 1.03 patch and overwrite the program and really work this into the game with patch 1.04..whats the hurry?

Please really do take the advice that sometimes more is less.

At this point theres no point in continuing on the LCG project since I dont want the AI deciding the visibilty in the scenarios I design. As steel rain made in his comment..Im probably going to stick with 1.02 for now and wait for 1.04

Osiris
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something about 1.03 I'm worried about - by Osiris - 06-29-2008, 05:13 PM