Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
06-29-2008, 02:55 PM,
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
Russian turn 15.
14:00 PM July 10, 1941
Normal
Visibility 3km.
[Image: RT15VP.jpg]
Victory points after the Russian turn fifteen.

[Image: DotDsouthRT15.jpg]

The Russians rallied more units than were disrupted this turn. That really helps. I continue my retreat on the left flank. I am trying to block the southern road for as long as possible and keep my one disrupted unit from getting surrounded by small German units. The Germans are not pressing me here. The majority of the SS rgt has come into view this turn. That is a relief to see they are not trying to cross the Dnepr south of my lines. I pulled a good order motor cycle unit out of the front lines to go to the far southern end of the board with the recon bn there as a fast blocking unit. The German A/C came forward to harass my retreating troops. German troops set off mines on the main road entering Mogilev from the southwest. Maybe they have abandoned any attempt to get around behind my left.
The German main effort gained three hexes. I was able to conduct multiple assaults the SS armored car unit that rashly pushed forward and destroyed it. Von Nev had been using that tactic of pushing the armored cars forward to assault my second line units all game. This time I was ready for it.
Russian artillery and well dug in troops combined to deal destruction on the Axis infantry.
The Russians lost 318 troops. The Axis lost 359 men and 10 vehicles. Victory points have decreased again this turn by 26, the largest so far.
Not time to celebrate yet. I must still withstand ten more turns without a breakout. My chances do improve every turn as long as the attrition is relatively equal. 10th mot is wearing down. 10th Pz is now fully committed. The SS rgt will be the key. I expect von Nev to send the SS rgt to the front during the night turns. This will allow him to withdraw the 10th mot units for rest during the night while keeping pressure on the Russians. I will attempt to get as many units out of the front lines before dark as I can. I will need some rested units for the final turns.
Up north I am sending the reinforcements to cover the exits and the one VP hex there. My worry is I am running out of units in good order east of the Dnepr River bend where the Axis pressure is the most. I may be forced to gamble and send four of the six units in the 137th RD south.
I will have to hope, in that case, there are no stray German bridges in the north. Even a handful of his most battered units would cause me trouble if they were to be loose up there.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1 - by Dog Soldier - 06-29-2008, 02:55 PM