• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Something about 1.03 I'm worried about
06-29-2008, 08:43 AM,
RE: Something about 1.03 I'm worried about
This whole dynamic seems clouded in mystery.. pun intended. What was the original intention behind variable visibility? Was it to simulate changing weather conditions? If so, surely it is up to the designer, who has researched the history, to program vis changes, if any, into his scen when building it.
Or was it to enable scenarios to move from night to day, and thus allow a more realistic simulation of many historical battles. which started quite commonly before dawn. Again, surely up to the scen designer. However, in this case, there may be an argument for the computer to change from night to day over a period of, say, 2-4 turns, to simulate the transition which is never instantaneous and of course varies with latitude, season etc etc.

I wonder do the limitations of the old CS game prevent the reasonable simulation of some factors??.. Clearly, the appearance of eg bridge builders was within the game capabilities. It was doable. It may be too much was being tried here, with results that are unacceptable to a significant number. I think the point at issue, on which we need to focus, is the uncontrollability of the visibility changes...that is what concerns people.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something about 1.03 I'm worried about - by K K Rossokolski - 06-29-2008, 08:43 AM