• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Something about 1.03 I'm worried about
06-29-2008, 05:51 AM,
RE: Something about 1.03 I'm worried about
Gordons HQ Wrote:Well I like it

<snip for space>

I think it's worth losing the ambush now and again just to stop the endemic use of the above.
When all is said and done it will still be a contest of who uses there forces the best in the game and I can't see what all the fuss is about.
I applaud those who are trying to improve the game and I feel that another side to this discussion had to be put as it seemed very one sided to press.

Don't get me wrong. I am not against things being done to improve the game.
I do not play a "shoot and scoot" game. I set up ambushes and ensure that there is not much left that can see my units. That is different from moving units forward to shoot and then go back to be out of sight.
And, we now have AT staying as hidden units even after firing.

And, "we" did not say it should not be done. "We" said it should be an option.
If you can show me anywhere in all of the world where visibility changes every six minutes, I say then include it as part of the game engine for battles in that part of the world.
If not, and the designer wants to design out of the scale of the game, then make it an option.

I'd rather have a mustache with sticky tape that can be put onto the Mona Lisa, and taken off, rather than someone taking a black marking pen and drawing it on permanently.

Everyone has their opinions of what is realistic and what is not. To "make it so" and not care for the other half is rather shallow? To have it as an option would actually be able to satisfy most? :smoke:

You must like the old "Belair"? ;)

cheers
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something about 1.03 I'm worried about - by Herr Straße Laufer - 06-29-2008, 05:51 AM