• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Something about 1.03 I'm worried about
06-29-2008, 05:30 AM,
RE: Something about 1.03 I'm worried about
Well I like it
Huib talks of unrealistic.
Well how realistic is it to check out an hex for visibility without actually moving a unit into it. I can't think of anyway that could have been done in WWII, you could have an educated guess but that's it, a guess.
Yet in the game all you have to do it left click on the hex you want to check out, then select hot key V and there you have it. The visibility and LOS from that hex is revealed to you, not at all realistic just a game facility.
This IMO has lead to all the shooting and scooting that occurs within the game which would be impossible in reality. At times it's just like playing against a ghost army, one minute it's there, the next it's gone.
WWII just didn't happen like that and if anyone believes it did then reading history books should disprove this.
So if this variable visibility cuts out just a bit of this I'm all for it.
Those that employ this tactic will never be certain again that the next turn the visibility won't reveal there hiding position.
I think it's worth losing the ambush now and again just to stop the endemic use of the above.
When all is said and done it will still be a contest of who uses there forces the best in the game and I can't see what all the fuss is about.
I applaud those who are trying to improve the game and I feel that another side to this discussion had to be put as it seemed very one sided to press.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something about 1.03 I'm worried about - by Gordons HQ - 06-29-2008, 05:30 AM