• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Something about 1.03 I'm worried about
06-29-2008, 05:11 AM,
RE: Something about 1.03 I'm worried about
Jason Petho Wrote:
Valor Wrote:When I first heard about dynamic visibility I thought about it in the way Umbro used in scenario depicting battle for Leros or Huib was trying to depict in his "Dutch Verdun". That at very specific turn the visibility changes due to the time of the day or weather conditions. But in the moment that designer wanted it to have changed. I wouldn't leave it to pure % chance Fiery

Optional it make, the best it will be!

Looks like optional is winning.

Unfortunately, it won't take effect until the 1.04 UPDATE as it is too late for the 1.03 UPDATE.

Give it a whirl in the meantime, there were no complaints about it in testing.

Jason Petho

Pardon my comments. I'm not as much beating on anyone as I am trying to defend the game I love. :smoke:

Does your "Beta Team" need expansion?
Do they need to understand "game scale"?
Do they think that all of "us" others will accept the evolution of the game into something it was never intended and something that kept us all playing it for so long? :(

I am puzzled by some of the changes and how we are told to wait for what is to come. :chin:
I am saddened that those who play it are not as involved and accepted into the "inner circle" that is attempting to alter what we thought was "pure" and "good".

It is like my analogy of the '57 Chevy having chrome added to it to make it a Belair. Wow! It just devalued the value of the '57 Chevy?
You can make a lawn mower go 60 miles per hour but, it will no longer work as a lawn mower.
They make Tractor Trailer "tractors" into drag racers and circle track racers but, they no longer can haul freight?

I am hoping that the "team" can take a step back and see that they are painting a mustache on the Mona Lisa?
If there are many more similar changes I may have to take a step back from the game and reload my old Talonsoft disks.
I feel we have too much that is now shoved down our throats that is making the game ... not THE game!

Please do not do things "out of scale" and make them part of the game engine. Make them an option if you are dead set on doing it? But, do not make it the "kings law" that will drive some of the most loyal customers out of playing the newest version of the game. :conf:Whip

And, Earl, do not be afraid of speaking your mind. As one of the better scenario designers your voice needs to be heard?

cheers
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something about 1.03 I'm worried about - by Herr Straße Laufer - 06-29-2008, 05:11 AM