• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Something about 1.03 I'm worried about
06-28-2008, 05:41 AM,
RE: Something about 1.03 I'm worried about
:chin: Hmmmm....
I read that too and was very disturbed. I would not want to be forced to go into a scenario/game file and have to physically change it back to normal ... each turn.
If they offered it as an option that could be switched on by the scenario designer that may be more acceptable?:conf:

I think this can circle back to my arguments about game scale? If the intended scale is ignored this shows that making changes will create effects that were never intended by the original designers? :rolleyes:

Think of someone like myself, who sees himself as a "purest" where the CS game is concerned.
If I look at the manual and read "six minutes per turn", even if it may be ten or twenty minutes, how do you think that I view variable visibility?
Either that was the quickest solar eclipse or my eyes are blinking more slowly than normal? Eek
Yes, I know that it's only a % chance for +1/-1 each turn. But, really now, it just seems totally unneccessary? Especially, if you have bad dice rolls like mine and would be playing in the dark after a couple turns. :conf:

Or, next we will see variable weather (oh, wouldn't that be cool too!) It's muddy ... no it's dry ... it's muddy ... it's winter ... no it's muddy all in six minute increments? :smoke:

Maybe, if I can slip it in, I can have my erupting volcano? If done correctly it would spew ash and lava on alternating six minute time frames to match my concept of scale. :)

I'll keep beating the drums for a step back to game scale and original intent. It's all I have left to ensure the game does not go wildly off track? Eek:chin:

Herr Huib, I think we can all feel your pain, in one way or another.

cheers
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something about 1.03 I'm worried about - by Herr Straße Laufer - 06-28-2008, 05:41 AM