• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
06-07-2008, 01:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-08-2008, 01:54 PM by von Nev.)
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
Here is the German turn 9.

The 10th PzD reduced several of the pockets of Russians north of the Dnepr. Normally, since these Russians were surrounded with no chance of rescue, I would leave them to be eliminated in the morning and therefore allow more units to rest, but because of the threat of massive Russian artillery, I felt that eliminating them now was the better choice. I did try to rest some of the German armor that was at fatigure levels above 100 (some 150). I also moved some artillery forward to support the next phase of the attack.

Down south the 10th Motorized Division still was struggling to pocket the remaining Russian units south of the river. They did get into the city in force but I just could not disrupt the stack of Russians in the key hex protecting the withdraw route. To make matters worse, at the end of the turn I did not put a unit in the hex that would have greatly inhibited the retreat route. Russian units were escaping my clutches and unfortunately were going to live another turn. Ugh. I would have to deal with them again . . . :hissy:

Red circles are assaults.

[Image: S41TourneyTurn9a.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1 - by von Nev - 06-07-2008, 01:39 PM