• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
06-02-2008, 01:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-03-2008, 12:32 PM by von Nev.)
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1
German Turn 8.

At the end of this turn Phase I of the battle is drawing to a close. In the north the 10th Panzer Division has reached the bridging sites and as a result has pocketed a large portion of the 172nd Rifle Division.

Down south the 10th Motorized has cleared the Russians from the marshland to the south thereby securing their right flank. Fighting is still intense in the suburbs south of the river as the 10th Motorized tries to slam shut the door on the retreating Russians but as of the end of the turn are unsuccessful. Despite repeated tries, they could not disrupt the Russians that protected the key retreat route through the city. However, they were able to establish a foothold in the city.

For both divisions I am watching their fatigue. Since it is night I tried to rest what units I could but most units had to fight through the evening to reach their objectives. There will be little rest for both divisions as a whole.

As I look at where the Germans are after phase 1 overall I am pleased. The plan was executed as envisioned. The divisions quickly breached the minefields and crossed the Dnepr. Doing so they have crushed the 172nd division, reached the Dnepr river bridges as well as established a deep bridgehead for further operations. Casualties have been medium but around what I expected.

Phase 2, which will start the first AM turn the next day, will be as successful as phase 1.

Red circles are assaults. Purple are artillery barrages.
[Image: S41TourneyTurn8b.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog Fight - Ostkreig Tournament Round 1 - by von Nev - 06-02-2008, 01:18 PM