• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France 1940 Mod B - No peeking Marshall Antoni :)
05-15-2008, 07:49 PM,
RE: France 1940 Mod B - No peeking Marshall Antoni :)
Turns 10 & 11:

The final elimination of pockets of resistance in the north is completed, and now several Corps and Army Reserves have been freed for fresh offensive operations. Some commanders in OKH advise caution to refit and refuel, however, with the Allies still trying to rush reinforcements into the north around Paris and into the area south of the Cotentin peninsula, caution is thrown to the wind and the German army opts to continue its lightning advance.

[Image: France011.jpg]

The overview above shows where in blue Antoni is sending his main reinforcements, with a significant line of defenders shown in the double blue line near the Maginot Line in the south, and there is a deep pocket of resistance forming to the west of Paris, and in turn 10 Antoni counters into Paris dislodging a division refitting on the outskirts. In the north he is trying to cut off my advance on Cherbourg and Cotentin.

My strategy is to hold the western (stronger) end of the Maginot Line and send in my reserves into the eastern flank of these defences over the river at Strasbourg and Basel (shown below), where Antoni's defences are weakest, and flank the western edge of the French defenders of the Maginot Line.

[Image: France012.jpg]

Further north my main objective is to flank the line west of Paris (see below), and sent some divisions west to seize Cherbourg.

[Image: France013.jpg]

Although I want to do this as quickly as possible I will have to be a bit careful as my supply for some forward units is running a bit low, and the supply infrastructure takes a little while to catch up with the advance. I made a few attacks to the south and north of Paris in turn 11 and at Strasbroug and Basel, all were successful, and judging by how easily Antoni's troops retreated they are low proficiency troops, suffering from the shock values I have imposed on them with the continued capture of key 'Shock' locations. That and the desertions from capturing 'V' locations has left the Allies in a sorry state...

[Image: charb26ez.jpg]

Have the French given up the fight?
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: France 1940 Mod B - No peeking Marshall Antoni :) - by cillmhor - 05-15-2008, 07:49 PM